This an update to my previous posts The lies behind my adoption and My past legally erased
So, before starting, here is a summary of these posts.
I was 9 years old (korean age) when I lost my father; I knew my full ID informations then.
St. Paul’s orphanage kept no record of me (Holt was in charge of me from the beginning of my stay there).
- Parents unknown
In 1989, during a Holt’ Family Tour, Holt gave to me the same “complete” records that my adoptive parents already had.
Since I knew I was in another orphanage before St. Paul, I asked them to give me the name of my first orphanage hoping that the latter took note of the informations I gave them. In 1977 and 1989, both Holt and St. Paul have refused to answer me.
In 2001, a nun of St. Paul finally gave me the name of my first orphanage (which helped me to find my family 27 years after separation).
The orphanage records:
- New home: complete address in Seoul
- Former house: in Suwon
- Name of my father: Kim Cheong Chin
There was a slight mistake here. My hometown was Seoul, and my new home was in Suwon.
What I actually told everyone then:
- I lost my father after visiting my sister at her new work where she lives now.
- I don’t know yet my new address, but bring me to my old former in Seoul.
- My married elder sister lives near my former home
- Also, from there, I know how to go back to my new home, since I often traveled alone between them
Recently, after following the story of the girl #4708 who had to fight to obtain a paper, I was curious to see if Holt held another paper with more informations about me.
I received another paper entitled “Family background informations”.
As you can read in the following, Holt not only erased my past , they also invented a story.
Note the places (in orders) where I went through according to Holt:
- boarding house (left by my father)
- Lost Children’s Center
- St.Paul’s Orphanage (where I was taken in charge by Holt the following day according to another paper)
Compare to the actual facts:
- from police station to another police station
- Lost Children’s Center
- An orphnage (where I found the most complete informations in 2001)
- St.Paul’s Orphanage
Also note that the dates of placements are correct, which means that Holt got those dates from my first orphanage.
To erase my past completely and to make sure that I would never find my family, they omitted to mention that orphanage.
Bookmark/Search this post with: