Playing The Mystery of #4709 - Who Am I?
- American mother caught in Pakistani child trafficking nightmare
- Wendy Kay Ott
- Genes, Schemes and International Adoption
- Ethiopian adoption went awry
- For the sake of the child, or the adoption agency?
- Adoption Search Discoveries
- Danielle Christine Neal and unnamed Neal child
- Saints or sinners? You decide.
- Rethinking Consent to Adoption
- A fight to change adoption law
Problems viewing videos?
This program on false and missing adoption records aired in South Korea June 13, 2009 on SBS. This program was circulated on the internet by Truth and Reconciliation for the Adoption Community of Korea (TRACK) with the permission of SBS. For more on TRACKs activities, please visit www.adoptionjustice.comPart 1
March 2011 Update: The video has been removed by the You Tube user, but another version of the story, featuring the same Korean adoptee (adopted through Holt) can be found here: Searching for Kim Sook Ju
The first part discusses documents and adoption records, and the possibiity of a missing sibling.
The second part discusses the determination of age, based on medical records, and the number of teeth.
Part three continues to discuss the age of an adopted child and how adoption agencies, like Holt, address search and reunion issues.
Part four discusses the unnatural disconnect adoptees experience post-adopton and during the search and reunion process, and the role an adoption agency has in an adoptee's sense of identity.
The final part, explores the reason behind aborted search and reunion stories: adoption agency "mistakes" and claims..