2004 Apr 11
6-month-old boy about to be adopted by Leonard and Carissa Columbus. On 11 April 2004, they brought Tyler to the emergency room of Wyandotte Hospital. Four days later later he died from injuries suffered consistent with Shaken Baby Syndrome. On Saturday, April 17, Southgate police broke into the Columbus' home and found the couple dead in their garage of carbon monoxide poisoning. The boy and his sister MacKenzie had been placed with the Columbus' by their 19 yo natural mother who needed a break. She was considering allowing their adoption.
|The social roots of a Detroit tragedy
|2004 Apr 30
|Babysitters commit suicide
|2004 Apr 22
|Baby's death may hold the key in bizarre double suicide
|2004 Apr 21