State of Oklahoma - Affidavit for Search Warrant
October 6, 2008: Affidavit for Search Warrant Comes now Steve Tanio, Investigator for the Dist. #26 District Attorney's Office, who on oath deposes and says that the following property constitutes evidence of the commision of a crime: (Address, location and directions are listed here).
I, Steve Tanio, Affiant, an Investigator with District #26, being first duly sworn upon oath, deposes and says that the crime of ENABLING CHILD ABUSE (O.S. 10, section 7115), did occur in MAJOR COUNTY, State of Oklahoma on or about the JANUARY THROUGH OCTOBER, 2007.
I have personal knowledge of the facts and circumstances hereinafter related as a result of my own investigation efforts, and have determined the following:
Based on this information the undersigned prays that this Honorable Court issue a finding of fact that probable cause exists to believe that a crime has been committed and that there is probable cause to believe the defendant above named committed the crime.
1. On September 9, 2008, Barbara Louise Thomas-Johnson told me she was in the process of adopting JEJ aka JST, female child, age 12. Thomas-Johnson told me JEJ told her she had previously lived with Ardee Tyler, Penny Tyler, Ashton Tyler at the residence, located west of the City of Fairview, County of Major, State of Oklahoma. Thomas-Johnson told me JEJ had stated she had been physically abused by Ardee Tyler and Penny Tyler, while at their residence in 2007. JEJ stated she had been tied with rope and restrained to a bed in the basement of the residence within the past year for two consecutive nights. JEJ indicated she had been tied with a rope, to a chair during the daylight hours, during this same time period. JEJ indicated she had been tied with a rope, to a chair during the daylight hours, during this same time period. JEJ had also been forced to sleep outside of the residence by Ardee Tyler and Penny Tyler, when the outside temperature was very cold. JEJ indicated to Barbara Johnson, in early 2007 she had been sexually assaulted by Ashton Tyler, in Ashton's bed in the basement of the residence.
2. On September 9, 2008, Whitney Reuss, Child Welfare Specialist, Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS) told me in February 2008, DHS had received allegations of JST, being physically abused by Ardee Tyler and Penny Tyler, at the residence in Major County, State of Oklahoma. Reuss told me on February 15, 2008, she had interviewed JST, who told Reuss she had been tied by her hands to a bed post and kept there for two nights. On February 19, 2008, Reuss interviewed Penny Tyler and Ardee Tyler. Ardee Tyler admitted to Reuss he had tied JST hands to a bed, during the evening hours.
3. On September 24, 2008, Janice Wichert told me she had known Ardee Tyler and Penny Tyler, along with JST. Wichert
stated in April 2007, she was informed Ardee and penny had forced JST to stay outside all night long, when the temperature was cold, as punishment for stealing some food from within the residence. Wichert told me she also became aware JST had been tied to a bed for two consecutive nights in the residence as punishment, as well as being tied to a chair during the daytime hours.
4. Wichert told me on May 4, 2007 she accompanied Bev heinrichs and Scott Neufeld to Ardee and Penny's residence and met with Ardee and Penny regarding the allegations. Ardee admitted they had forced JST to stay outside, all night long, as punishment for stealing a cookie.
5. On September 24, 2008, Beverly Heinrichs aka Bev, told me on May 4, 2007, she had accompanied Janice Wichert and Scott Neufeld to Ardee and Penny's residence. Heinrichs was present and heard Ardee admit he had forced JST to stay outside, all night long, as punishment for stealing a cookie.
6. On September 24, 2008, Scott Neufeld told me on May 4, 2007, he had accompanied Wichert and Heinrichs to Ardee and Penny's residence. Ardee told Neufeld he had forced JST to stay outside all night long as punishment for stealing a cookie. When Neufeld told Ardee, neufeld could turn Ardee into DHS for this abuse, Ardee responded, "Maybe you should."
7. I have been a law enforcement officer in the State of Oklahoma since 1980 and have investigated numerous criminal offenses, to include but not limited to child physical abuse.
Further Affiant Saith not.
Steve Tanio, Affiant
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 24th day of September, 2008.
N. Vinson Barefoot
Judge of The District Court
Major County, Oklahoma