Norwegian Female Pedophile Predators go Free and stay in job at Oslo orphanages
Submitted by Kerry on Sat, 2008-11-15 16:24.
Norway Television TV2 - By Eirik Haukenes - 04.12.2007
- Multimillionaire pedophile sought known haven
- Iraqi babies for sale: people trafficking crisis grows as gangs exploit poor families and corrupt system
- Organized group of boy-loving pedophiles arrested in Moscow
- Pedophiles find Ukraine a good place to roam
- Jersey Care Home of Horrors
- Catholic Church turned a blind eye as thousands of children were sexually abused by priests in Ireland, says official report
- Irish bishop in child sex abuse row steps aside
- In the name of trust and charity
RECEIVED COMPENSATION: The orphanage child received compensation, but the perpetrator stays in her job. ( TV 2 )
He received NOK 725,000 (EUR 100,000) in compensation after sexual abuse in the orphanage, but the female perpatrator is still working at the orphanage.
For 26 years the former orphanage child kept a horrible secret.
- I was sexually abused from an age of 13 to 15 in a private orphanage that Oslo Municipality was paying for. It happened every night shift, tells the former orphanage child.
Recently he applied for compensation with the Oslo Municipality Compensation Fund for Former Orphanage Children. The board found his detailed statement on sexual abuse credible and proven, and he received NOK 725,000 in compensation from Oslo Municipality.
Still at work
But in the same judgement they decided not to press charges against the female pedophile perpetrator who was identified by name.
- She still works at the orphanage making her childvictims. It is horrible that she can abuse other children, he said.
So far 275 Norwegians have been formally found credible and admissable in their reportings of abuse. But nothing is being done to check if the perpetrators identified by name are still working in the system.
- It is not in our task definition and discretion to investigate these matters further, said Berit Rannestad, general secretary of the Oslo Municipality Compensation Fund for Former Orphanage Children to TV 2 News.
Conspiracy of Silence
So although in Norway it is a criminal act by law not to report sexual abuse against children the board keeps the names a secret, and an order of silence is put in place to prohibit them to distribute the names to the proper authorities. This might effect todays orphanage children.- Given that the identified perpetrators in fact have committed sexual abuse against children, then the order of silence that is put in place by Oslo Municipality is seriously obstructing the protection of other children in other institutions against these severe abuses, said Dr. jur Elisabeth Gording Stang from the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights.
That is definately not in accordance with the Children’s Rights Convention, which states that abuse shall be adressed and stopped by any and all means immediately.
Defending the system – Payments in exchange for silence
Sylvi Listhaug, the Oslo City Council Executive Member for Welfare and Social Services from FrP (The Norwegian Right Wing Party) is defending the system:
- The Compensation Fund Board is not supposed to have any opinion on the question of guilt. One of the requirements when people are addressing the Compensation Fund is that the information is protected by order of silence, she said to TV 2 News