David Banda's Dad: "Maybe He'd Be Better Off Back With Us"
- Madonna’s failed adoption attempt shows Bulgaria has a lot to learn from Malawi about upholding children’s rights
- Goody-goody gum drops! Madonna just might have Mercy!
- Madonna's Controversial Adoptions
- HRCC Statement on the adoption of Mercy James by Madonna
- High Court Puts Off Madonna Appeal
- Madonna divorce leaves kids the cold
- Madonna-style adoptions...
- Madonna Plans to Adopt Fourth Child
- Madonna appeals against Malawi adoption ruling
Monday October 20, 2008 , Us Magazine.com
In light of Madonna's divorce from Guy Ritchie, David Banda's biological father is having second thoughts about giving his son up.
"I am still a poor farmer with nothing to offer, but maybe he'd be better off back with us," he told Britain's The Sun.
"This woman, Madonna, told me herself that David was beautiful and made her happy and she promised to take care of him," Yohane Banda added. "Now I see him in a big bewildering crowd in the street with people pushing and shoving, and many cameras around, and without a mother and father to hold his hand. I'm feeling bad for him."
Since Madonna adopted David in Malawi in 2006, David's biological dad has moved into a thatched hut with his new wife, their three-year-old daughter and their seven-month-old son.
"I have the joy of a new family and I even have a new son," he told The Sun. "But now, when I think of David in danger of living outside a family life, I find it unbearable."
Despite reports, Madonna and Guy Ritchie - who announced they were divorcing last week after 7 1/2 years of marriage -- have not finalized a custody arrangement, her rep says.
The two reportedly clashed over adopting another child. Madonna favored the idea, Ritchie did not.
- Madonna Leaves David Banda's Biological Father Fuming
- Human Rights Group Tries to Halt Madonna's Adoption
- Malawi charity seeks Madonna child's return