Playing Russian parliament outlaws American adoptions
- Moscow outraged over adopted Russian boy manslaughter
- Sadistic methods of raising children absolutely normal in US
- Putin signs bill barring adoptions of Russian children by Americans
- Adoption 'Cold War'? Russia, US clash over kids
- Russian Officials Want Access to Ranch Where They Claim U.S. Parents Reportedly 'Dump Unwanted Kids'
- Russian Children’s Ombudsman Campaigns Against Foreign Adoptions Case By Case
- Abuse case jeopardizes adoption agreement between Russia and US
- Putin calls for compulsory training for adoptive parents
- Ban on US-Russian Adoptions Would Have ‘Dire Consequences,’ Say Experts
- U.S. Failing Over Adoption Laws Says Russia
Problems viewing videos?
Published on Dec 26, 2012
On Wednesday, the Russian Parliament passed a bill that would ban Russian children from being adopted by American citizens. The bill, which is now awaiting Vladimir Putin's signature, is said to be in reaction to the rising number of child abuse cases by American parents. Roelie Post with the Foundation Against Child Trafficking joins us with her take on the bill.