Arrest made in kidnapping/laundering of Dafne Nayeli Camey Pérez (Yajaira Noemí Muyus)
- To catch a baby broker
- Guatemalan judge orders US couple to return adopted young girl to her birth mother
- Siegal exposes corruption of international adoptions
- For Guatemala Adult Adoptees taken during the Civil War
- “The Lost Children of Guatemala,” from Le Temps
- Rules are changing; programs are closing.
- Guatemala: The FIFTH Anniversary of the Kidnapping of Heidy Batz Par
- How Ethiopia's Adoption Industry Dupes Families and Bullies Activists
- CICIG Responds to Senator Landrieu
- Woman linked with illegal adoptions is deported from the U.S.
The arrest is for the kidnapping/laundering of ... Dafne Nayeli Camey Pérez (Yajaira Noemí Muyus).
Please note: the child was returned to her parents BEFORE the child left Guatemala for ICA.
On March 19 and 20, 2012, three newspapers in Guatemala and CICIG posted the same article concerning Susana Luarca’s re-incarceration, actually occurring on March 16, 2012.
The available online articles can be found here:
Guatemalan Newspaper Prensa Libre:
Guatemalan Newspaper El Periodico:
Guatemalan Newspaper Siglo XXI (Not available online)
CICIG Press Release: