Arrest made in kidnapping/laundering of Dafne Nayeli Camey Pérez (Yajaira Noemí Muyus)
- Woman linked with illegal adoptions is deported from the U.S.
- The Baby Market
- How Ethiopia's Adoption Industry Dupes Families and Bullies Activists
- International adoptions by Americans get really tough
- BREAKING NEWS: Asociación Primavera lawyer and director found guilty of human trafficking in Karen Abigail case
- DNA tests provide first confirmation of stolen baby in troubled Guatemalan adoption system
- Rules are changing; programs are closing.
- Guatemalan judge orders US couple to return adopted young girl to her birth mother
- Shoot the messenger
- To catch a baby broker
The arrest is for the kidnapping/laundering of ... Dafne Nayeli Camey Pérez (Yajaira Noemí Muyus).
Please note: the child was returned to her parents BEFORE the child left Guatemala for ICA.
On March 19 and 20, 2012, three newspapers in Guatemala and CICIG posted the same article concerning Susana Luarca’s re-incarceration, actually occurring on March 16, 2012.
The available online articles can be found here:
Guatemalan Newspaper Prensa Libre:
Guatemalan Newspaper El Periodico:
Guatemalan Newspaper Siglo XXI (Not available online)
CICIG Press Release: