For Guatemala Adult Adoptees taken during the Civil War
- Arrest made in kidnapping/laundering of Dafne Nayeli Camey Pérez (Yajaira Noemí Muyus)
- Woman linked with illegal adoptions is deported from the U.S.
- International adoptions by Americans get really tough
- Jill Callison: Filling gap left by adoption
- DNA tests provide first confirmation of stolen baby in troubled Guatemalan adoption system
- Rules are changing; programs are closing.
- To catch a baby broker
- Mothers in Guatemala Demand Justice of Return of their Kidnapped Children who were Sold for ICA
- CICIG will investigate one thousand adoption records who are in-process
- The Baby Market
I posted this in a response, but felt that this information NEEDS to be available to all adult adoptees taken from their families and sold into ICA during Guatemala's Civil War (1960-1996):
To date, over 500 adult adoptees have been reunited with their families in Guatemala. For ANY adult adoptee adopted during these years the contact organization in Guatemala for reunification is:
-there are organizations assisting adult adoptees seeking their biofamilies and/or the truths surrounding their adoption:
This is the organization in Guatemala reuniting families separated by the Civil War and who work with the Red Cross is
"Grupo de Apoyo Mutuo": http://www.nonviolentpeaceforce.org/grupo-de-apoyo-mutuo
There is also, "Todos por el Reencuentro", they are part of the League of Mental Hygiene in Guatemala (Liga Guatemalteca de Higiene Mental). Here is the contact link: http://www.ligatpr.org/
Also the Red Cross/Red Crescent has a branch serving reunification of families separated by war:
Here is a story about reunification in Guatemala:
Niñez desaparecida en Guatemala: una tarea inconclusa - swissinfo - [ Translate this page ]
6 Jul 2010 ... En casa quedan las organizaciones empeñadas en seguir buscando. ... Con el paso de los años unas 500 familias comprometidas en la búsqueda se han ... La guerra civilde 36 años comenzó en 1960 con movimientos de insurgencia ... Los cuatro gruposguerrilleros de izquierda formaron en 1982 la Unidad ...
www.swissinfo.ch/.../Ninez_desaparecida_en_Guatemala:_una_tarea_ inconclusa.html?... -Cached