Move over Ethiopia...Congo here they come!
- Adoption treaty sets up double standard in U.S.
- Adoption from Africa: Concern over 'dramatic rise'
- New regulations make international adoption harder than ever for Americans
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley are among growing number of parents adopting special needs children
- Jillian Michaels Is Finally Becoming A Mother!
- Fly Away Children
- Since Angelina Jolie Adopted Zahara Adopting Ethiopian Children has quadrupled
A few stories from this month of interest regarding Hollywood adopting from the Congo (DRC) and the adoption agency "Celebrate Children International"... and the Congo. See a theme?
1. "Jillian Michaels (star from "The Biggest Loser") to Adopt A Child from the Congo" Read: http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/11/jillian-michaels-to-adopt-a-chil... "Rescuing something"....Did she really say that?!! Seems someone needs some....er....an PAP workshop class fast! "I'm going to adopt," she told Women's Health magazine last spring. "I can't handle doing that to my body. Also, when you rescue something, it's like rescuing a part of yourself."
2. Hopefully Jillian has a Hague accredited agency with a better track record....drumroll please....Celebrate Children International is opening up in...the Congo! Read: http://www.celebratechildren.org/coppermine/index.php?cat=47