Mariska Hargitay Adopts a Baby Born In the USA - Domestic Adoption is the Hot Hollywood Trend!
- Adoption Issues in the US
- The Dark, Sad Side of Domestic Adoption
- US senator hopeful Vietnam adoptions will restart soon following ban over baby-selling
- The Adoption-Industrial Complex
- Guatemala: a baby factory no longer?
- Ambassador post blocked as US adoptive families fight for release of Vietnamese orphans
- Ban hurts Russian kids, but U.S. adoption not a fix
- Your Say: System stifles adoptions?
- Couple from Pune seeks preference over foreigners in adoption
- Baby trafficking and other adoption secrets
April 7, 2011/ blogs.babble.com
Take a hint Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - you don’t have to travel overseas to adopt a child! Domestic adoption is becoming the hottest new Hollywood trend thanks to celebrity moms like Sandra Bullock, Sheryl Crow, and Mariska Hargitay.
Which celebrity parents have added to their families through domestic adoption?
Domestic adoption is becoming the new international adoption in celebrity circles. For a while it seemed all of the A-List stars were travelling overseas in order to adopt a child. Angelina Jolie has children adopted from Cambodia, Ethiopia, and Vietnam. Meg Ryan adopted daughter Daisy from China. Madonna adopted son David and daughter Mercy from Malawi. These days the stars are looking closer to home when it comes time for adoption.
Sandra Bullock was the first high profile celebrity mom to take the route of domestic adoption when she adopted son Louis, who was born in New Orleans, in 2010.
Sheryl Crow was ahead of the trend when she adopted son Wyatt in 2007. In June 2010, she added to the family with the adoption of her second son Levi. Crow hasn’t revealed many details of her adoptions other than that they were both domestically adopted.
Mariska Hargitay is the latest celebrity to adopt a baby born in the United States with the adoption of daughter Amaya Josephine last week. She and husband Peter Hermann researched both International and Domestic adoptions before adding Amaya to their family.
Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman adopted both of their children – daughter Isabella, 18, and son Connor, 16 – via domestic adoption.
Rosie O’Donnellis the mother of celebrity domestic adoption having taken that route for three of her chldren – son Parker was adopted in 1995, daughter Chelsea was adopted in 1997, and son Blake was adopted in 1999.
Calista Flockhart took time off after Ally McBeal to adopt her son Liam, who was born in San Diego, in 2001.