Eugenics and the affect on adoption
Have any of adoptee’s ever had an adoptive family member or as in my case a step-adoptive family member use the sick perverted Eugenic theory to encourage others to think badly about you?
Is my case unique?
When my AP’s divorced after 13 yrs my AM remarried, before the ink dried on the divorce papers, to one of the most controlling, diabolically cruel man who for the next 35 years stopped at nothing to keep me away from my AM and her family. He did not just hurt me in the process but in the end denied my children a grandmother and came close to causing them to be removed from my life as well.
For the life of me, I could never figure out why this man hated me so much. Examples as to how he showed his hate,
- Refused to allow my mother help me when my newborn daughter developed colic using the excuse “You had her, you take care of her.”
- He made it impossible for me or my children to visit my AM even during the holidays. When I called to ask to, they were always too busy or had other plans. No invites from other AF dried up shortly after my daughter’s birth as they became too busy or had other plans. I would learn years later this man had a big part in their decision to treat us this way.
- When I became pregnant with my son he and my AM came to see me. Their motive was to insist that since my husband and I had separated, I should make plans to place this unborn child up for adoption. I refused.
- When I was released with an Honorable discharge from the USAF 2 yrs later, CPS became a monthly visitor after I moved back to my hometown. After the 10th visit, even the case worker became tied of the whole situation. She even went so far as to hint if I moved and told no one where I lived her even her life would be more pleasant.
- I lived in the same small town as my AM for 3 yrs while working full time, and attending college but she never was able to see the inside of my home the whole time. Every time I invited her, he would have something else planned. I would drive by their house and they were always home. If I called, the machine would always pick up. No explanation would ever be given.
- When CPS didn’t so what he wanted, take away my children, he even tried to get their father to take them from me, my ex refused.
This stuff went on until I graduated from college. My AFather was the only person at my graduation ceremony. AM and her husband had scheduled their vacation in Europe and they had left just hours before it began. How convenient for them.
During all of this I would be told be family friends that they were surprised I had my children still with me and that I had even completed school. It seems this man had been complaining to everyone that I was flunking or in the process of being kicked out of school and neglecting my children so bad that the welfare was trying to get them to take them.
When I was finally able to get my non-identifying information from the state of Texas, I discovered my 1st mother had mental health issues. By the symptoms described it seemed possible she had Bipolar disorder. Silly me, I mentioned this to AM on one of my rare visits with her. It was then she replied, “That would explain why you acted like you did all these years”. She then went on to explain what her husband had drilled into her head all those years. He had convinced her that adopted children were from people who were sick and demented. That “these kinds of people” had no business procreating. They do not have the common sense stop, and how it surprised him when I had stopped at only 3. They had all expected me to have 6 or more.
When I asked her where he got the “evidence” for this belief. He broke in and started reciting the malicious theory of eugenics even naming the sicko scientists August Weissmann and Francis Galton and praising their work in trying to stop the unworthy people from creating more unfit children for society to raise.
Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them?