Licking County Foster Mom Arrested For Alleged Sexual Battery
- DCF settles federal abuse suit
- Details of deaths of children known to HSE services revealed
- Foster parent accused of sex abuse: 'You can't know the things people hide'
- Girls in care of Don and Beverly Copley
- Carey couple surrenders foster care license
- Foster father goes on trial in sex abuse case
- HSE chiefs 'failed to fully investigate child sexual abuse claims'
By Jason Mays
Published: December 8, 2009
Updated: December 9, 2009
LICKING COUNTY, Ohio —Authorities arrested a former foster mother Sunday for alleged sexual abuse on a minor in her care.
On November 3, the Licking County Sheriff’s Office received a referral from the Tuscarawas County Children Services that indicated a male juvenile was making sexual-abuse allegations towards his former foster mother, Marcina Samberson.
The 16-year-old male disclosed engaging in sexual conduct with Samberson, 49, while living in her home as a foster child between July 17, 2009 and August 3, 2009.
Samberson also admitted to engaging in sexual conduct with the male juvenile while he was in her care.
Samberson was arrested at her St. Louisville home Dec. 7 for sexual battery.
This case will be presented to the Licking County Grand Jury Dec. 17.