Thousands Of Children Stolen From Early Jewish Immigrants To Israel
Submitted by Kerry on Sun, 2009-04-19 12:36.
- Spanish mother reunited with daughter she was told had died at birth
- Social workers who snatched four-day-old baby put her up for adoption over unproven abuse claim
- A pregnant pause
- Guatemalan army stole children for adoption, report says
- Apology 'owed' for forced adoptions
- A desperation for sons ... even someone else's CHINA: Age-old gender biases feed
- Psychiatry An Industry Of Death part 1/10
- Man at center of 1964 kidnap mixup finds clues to his identity
- Hundreds of Spanish babies 'stolen from clinics and sold for adoption'
- Tajik women who buy and sell babies
By Yechiel A. Mann, Israel
9-3-1 / Rense.com
In the years 1948-1954 thousands of children were taken, sometimes forcibly, from their biological parents while in hospitals or child-care homes. These children were then sold both in Israel and abroad for substantial sums (that varied from case to case), or given out for adoption. Their parents however were told that the children had died. In most cases, when the parents asked about the cause of death or requested a death certificate, or other documentation confirming the death of their children, they were ignored and their requests went unanswered.