CHILDREN'S AID AND ADOPTION SOCIETY OF NEW JERSEY
4 cubic ft. (4 cartons).
Children's Aid and Adoption Society of New Jersey: non-sectarian social service agency which arranges adoptions and provides day care and adolescent services; formed in 1899 as the Children's Aid and Protective Society of the Oranges (headquartered successively in Orange and East Orange, N.J.); provided foster home care for many years; adopted the name Children's Aid and Adoption Society of New Jersey in 1958 to reflect its revised emphasis and broader geographical base; moved its headquarters to Hackensack; merged in 1973 or 1974 with the Sister Mary Eugene Foundation and moved its headquarters to Bogota, N.J.
Sister Mary Eugene Foundation: adoption agency incorporated in N.J. in 1966 to foster adoptions by N.J. couples of children under the care of the Prince County Welfare Agency, Prince Edward Island, Canada; benefited from fundraising efforts of the Sister Mary Eugene Fund, Inc., formed in 1965 to aid the Prince County Welfare Agency in its N.J. placements.
Minutes, 1899-1925 and October 1965-June 1979, of the board of directors; minutes, February 1899-February 1919, of the executive committee; account book, 1928-1936; press releases, 1969; annual report, 1976; "index book of records"; minutes, 1904-1909, of the placing out committee; and other records. Also records of the Sister Mary Eugene Fund and the Sister Mary Eugene Foundation.
Records of the Sister May Eugene Fund include a certificate of incorporation, 1965; minutes, 1965-1967; and other documents, including records of the ladies auxiliary.
Restricted in part.