The continuing foster care fiasco
- "My baby will be taken from me the moment it's born"
- Bitter legacy of separation
- In the name of trust and charity
- Gay couple left free to abuse boys - because social workers feared being branded homophobic
- Child neglect 'going unreported'
- Australian church apologies to child migrants
- Adoption scandal sheds light on orphanages' struggle
- Psychiatry An Industry Of Death part 1/10
- Is privatization good for foster kids?
- B.C.'s child watchdog says injured baby should never have been in care: advocate
By Barbara Hollingsworth
March 16, 2009 / DC Examiner
Despite evidence that removing children from their homes traumatizes them, millions are still being forced to live with strangers or adopted out like shelter pets. One activist recently told Congress that many children are sent to “clearly inadequate families” just so social service agencies “can ‘succeed’ by boosting their numbers.”