The continuing foster care fiasco
- Funds to be cut from bodies that fail to report child abuse
- SA abuse victims push for compensation
- State failing to protect children in care, MPs say
- UK 'abandons trafficked children'
- New Records Released in Case of Foster Parent Licensed Despite Abusive Past
- Children of the Recession: Economy Sending Children Into Foster Care
- This is Child Protection?
- China’s adoption system worries Canadian mom
- At a glance: Possible CPS measures in Legislature
- "My baby will be taken from me the moment it's born"
By Barbara Hollingsworth
March 16, 2009 / DC Examiner
Despite evidence that removing children from their homes traumatizes them, millions are still being forced to live with strangers or adopted out like shelter pets. One activist recently told Congress that many children are sent to “clearly inadequate families” just so social service agencies “can ‘succeed’ by boosting their numbers.”