Playing British social worker speaks out
- "My baby will be taken from me the moment it's born"
- Family justice: the secret state that steals our children
- Investigators: Grandparents passed over in favor of foster care
- CAS Corruption
- Surge in children taken into care as recession stress takes toll on parents
- 'Stop trying to fix families we can't fix': Barnardo's head's 'heretic' call for bad parents to lose their children
- Child Protective Services -- The Protectors
- Child snatched in RSPCA raid must be given up for adoption, rules judge
- Psycho Foster Mom (part 1)
Problems viewing videos?
A British social worker who spent six months with Child Youth and Family has spoken out against the department, claiming its processes are unethical.
Jonny Ward worked for CYF in South Auckland but left his job in protest, saying families were broken apart unnecessarily.
"What I wasn't happy with was lack of involvement with parents, parents not being informed when being questioned at school, children being removed without parents being aware that was going to happen. Just a lack of involvment with parents," says Ward.