Madonna Plans to Adopt Fourth Child
- Judge rejects Madonna's adoption efforts in Malawi
- Madonna adoption case nears conclusion in Malawi
- Madonna divorce leaves kids the cold
- Madonna-style adoptions...
- Madonna appeals against Malawi adoption ruling
- David Banda's Dad: "Maybe He'd Be Better Off Back With Us"
- Madonna's Controversial Adoptions
- High Court Puts Off Madonna Appeal
- Some parents without Madonna's cash must put adoption dreams on hold during recession
- Is foreign adoption the best option?
December 19, 2008
Madonna is reportedly planning to adopt her fourth child. The 50-year-old pop star, who filed for divorce from Guy Ritchie in October after an 8-year marriage, is allegedly set to adopt 4-year-old Malawi child Mercy James. The child’s grandparents are too poor to care for the child.
Sources claim that Madonna has already signed the adoption papers and will fly to the country with rumored lover Alex Rodriguez.
“She’s hoping to bring the toddler home by early next year,” an insider says.
Mercy James will be the second child Madonna has adopted from Malawi. She and Ritchie adopted David Banda from the country in 2006. Madonna is also a mother to biological daughter Lourdes, 12, son Rocco, 8.