Playing Child Trafficking and Women in Poverty
- The life of Guelph’s Jim Garrow: He’s garnered wide interest, praise and criticism for his Pink Pagoda child rescue operation
- Rejected for adoption, some end up on the streets
- Economic distress drives parents to desperate measures
- Cambodia: CHILD SEX SLAVERY (1of2)
- Adoption - Over-Stimulation in Adopted Children
- My voice of adoption
- A desperation for sons ... even someone else's CHINA: Age-old gender biases feed
- In the name of trust and charity
- Foreign-run orphanage closed after reports of abuse, human trafficking
- Jersey Care Home of Horrors
Problems viewing videos?
See undercover video taken by police, better understand why it happens, and who is doing it. It highlights the heartbreaking reality of child trafficking around the world.
Women and children in poverty are at an extremely high risk of exploitation. This is why World Concern, www.worldconcern.org , makes child trafficking prevention a major component of its aid programs, especially in Asia.
CREDITS: Originally produced by the Viva Network and the Asha Forum in association with Fat America Films, and was sponsored by World Emergency Relief.
The government wants to get rid of street-children and reduce prostitution because of the crimes associated with the sex industry. Yet what is happening to the girls who get pregnant by "johns" (men with an unknown identiy? ) Where do those babies go? Dumpsters? Orphanages? Children's Homes? Are they getting aborted or adopted, or left to live the same fate as those before them?