Playing Australia's Adoption Crisis - with Deborra-Lee Furness
- Adoption scandal has prompted only minor changes
- Vietnamese adoptions face scrutiny
- Irish Workhouse - Birr
- U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe bill may ease rules for adoption
- Celebrities see stars when trying adoption
- Nepal 'should suspend' adoptions
- Adoption Issues in the US
- Is Elton John joining the celebrity adoption band-wagon?
- Government adopts inter-country adoption standards
Problems viewing videos?
Adoption Awareness Week in Australia [17 Nov]. "There are 100 million orphans" Adoptive mother/actress Deborra-Lee Furness wants to improve adoption laws in Australia: educate others about the issues of adoption in schools, increase international adoption (by supporting the countries that do not meet the conditions set by the Hague Convention), and shorten the timeline of adoption process so it equals the time of gestation. [Her interest in adoption became personal when infertility and failed IVF treatments kept her from birthing her own baby.]