Playing Child Protective Services: Does It Help or Harm Families?
- Take more children into care, says Barnardo's chief Martin Narey
- Advocates question whether foster kids should be placed close to home
- Too stupid to marry? GMTV Interview Kerry Robertson
- Family justice: the secret state that steals our children
- Families Torn Apart:
- "My baby will be taken from me the moment it's born"
- Child neglect 'going unreported'
- New Records Released in Case of Foster Parent Licensed Despite Abusive Past
- Parenting program decreases child abuse, foster placements
- Children of the Recession: Economy Sending Children Into Foster Care
Problems viewing videos?
[Posted Feb 2008]
What triggers child abuse and neglect, and what role do social workers play in keeping families together? Four social workers talk about common problems and the creative solutions they employ to help improve family dynamics.
[Although an excellent discussion on a SW's duty to parents and children (find a family's strengths, and encourage first-families to find ways to parent their youngest family members), note how abuse post-placement and corrupt/negligent CPS workers are not mentioned or addressed. Perhaps there is a video-discussion on those topics floating somewhere?]