Playing Child Protective Services: Does It Help or Harm Families?
- A Critical Look At The Child Welfare System
- Gay couple left free to abuse boys - because social workers feared being branded homophobic
- British social worker speaks out
- Actress takes to streets in bid to save care home
- Many abused kids die while on govt. watch
- Florida Shifts Child-Welfare System’s Focus to Saving Families
- Foster-care chief suddenly retires, citing frustration
- 'Witch Hunt' (an independent documentary film)
Problems viewing videos?
[Posted Feb 2008]
What triggers child abuse and neglect, and what role do social workers play in keeping families together? Four social workers talk about common problems and the creative solutions they employ to help improve family dynamics.
[Although an excellent discussion on a SW's duty to parents and children (find a family's strengths, and encourage first-families to find ways to parent their youngest family members), note how abuse post-placement and corrupt/negligent CPS workers are not mentioned or addressed. Perhaps there is a video-discussion on those topics floating somewhere?]