Playing Child Protective Services: Does It Help or Harm Families?
- Nursery programs allow imprisoned moms, newborns to bond
- Parenting program decreases child abuse, foster placements
- Children of the Recession: Economy Sending Children Into Foster Care
- New Records Released in Case of Foster Parent Licensed Despite Abusive Past
- Protecting abused children
- Trend needs to be reversed says BAAF
- DHS: "Children will die... in Foster Care"
- Texas Senate approves hiring more CPS caseworkers
- Foster care agency faulted for turning in immigrants
- Interview with CPS - Part 1, second try
Problems viewing videos?
[Posted Feb 2008]
What triggers child abuse and neglect, and what role do social workers play in keeping families together? Four social workers talk about common problems and the creative solutions they employ to help improve family dynamics.
[Although an excellent discussion on a SW's duty to parents and children (find a family's strengths, and encourage first-families to find ways to parent their youngest family members), note how abuse post-placement and corrupt/negligent CPS workers are not mentioned or addressed. Perhaps there is a video-discussion on those topics floating somewhere?]