Playing Child Protective Services: Does It Help or Harm Families?
- Foster-care chief suddenly retires, citing frustration
- 'Witch Hunt' (an independent documentary film)
- Investigators: Grandparents passed over in favor of foster care
- Council was warned 'children would die'
- New Report Shows 20,000 Children in Foster Care in PA
- Foster children in polygamist enclave raising concerns
- Child Protective Services -- The Protectors
- Psycho Foster Mom (part 1)
- Mothers Rocking the Prison Cradle
- Two B.C. foster children seized from squalor
Problems viewing videos?
[Posted Feb 2008]
What triggers child abuse and neglect, and what role do social workers play in keeping families together? Four social workers talk about common problems and the creative solutions they employ to help improve family dynamics.
[Although an excellent discussion on a SW's duty to parents and children (find a family's strengths, and encourage first-families to find ways to parent their youngest family members), note how abuse post-placement and corrupt/negligent CPS workers are not mentioned or addressed. Perhaps there is a video-discussion on those topics floating somewhere?]