Amici dei Bambini
- January 1986, established by initiative of a group of adoptive parents;
- January 1991, Moral Body by a Decree of the Italian Home Office;
- March 1992, Accredited Body for Intercountry Adoption by an Interministry Decree of the Foreign Office and the Ministry of Justice;
- August 1993, Non-governmental Organisation by the Decree n. 2774/1 of the Italian Foreign Office
- January 1994, Volunteering Body by a Regione Lombardia Decree;
- October 2000 reconfirmed as Authorized Agency for Intercountry Adoption;
- January 2001 credited by the United Nations Public Information Department.
Amici dei Bambini is also a strong advocate for intercountry adoption, and is ferociously lobbying for the reopening of Romanian adopties.
On 30 August 2007 AiBi published their political agenda: European Adoptions, Kafalah and international placement
LocationVia Giacomo Frassi 19
Melegnano, Milano, 20077